Signup for App Store with a Temp CC?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by redbeard55, Feb 10, 2011.

1. redbeard55 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if you can signup for the App store/itune using a temporary/one time use credit card? I have no intention of purchasing anything through the app store or iTunes but there are a few free apps that I might use.

Thanks

2. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

do it the easy way. first ( you dont have to be logged in or anything) press on "free" on an free app and then chose the register button. now when you can select your payment method there should be a "none" option aviable. this way you dont have to have a credit card and can only download free apps or just use a gift card.
    so again
    1. open itunes
    2. make sure you are not signed in with anyone else's account. i.e you are logged out
    3.pick a free app
    4. hit register when it asks you for your username
    5. enter valid information
    6. choose "none" in the payment method section

3. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

I forgot the "none" setting is not aviable if you don't follow those steps

4. redbeard55 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I will give this a try. I think I did something along that line but didn't see the "none" payment method . . .

5. redbeard55 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well that works but I had to make a NEW Apple ID, I couldn't use my existing ID from 5 or 6 years ago. I had to create a new one, now I have two accounts . . .

This is a PAIN . . . I don't know why I can't use my existing one, and choose none for an existing account.