SIIG card - anyone try using this?

DavidFDM

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2002
Maine, USA
Well, I bought the card for a total price of less than $45 and decided to hope for the best. Worst case scenario was it would become a birthday present to one of my PC/Linux friends. The card arrived yesterday and I dropped it in the Quicksilver. I connected a couple of USB devices and booted up. The OS alerted me that a new network port was available so the 10/100 was working. Print Center saw the USB printer so the USB was working too. I didn't check the FireWire port but I imagine it's there too. I will post more info of usage if necessary.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Gone but not forgotten.
Sounds good to me. I've been happy with the quality of my UltraATA/100/133 card from the same company.

I need another USB 2.0 card or some sort of powered super hub. My 4 ports on my Adaptec card aren't enough.

kugino

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2003
i'm using their 4-port internal SATA card. works fine in slot 4 of my PM 2.0. using the G5 bracket, i now have two more 250GB drives inside my PM and have a three drive RAID in addition to the stock boot 160 GB drive. no problems, except that i haven't been able to use the card in slots 2/3, but i think that's a problem with the G5 and not a card incompatibility problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.