silence everything else when itunes is playing??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by soulslave, Oct 7, 2008.

1. soulslave macrumors newbie

is there any third party software or script that automatically silence everything else goin on in my computer while im listening to itunes music???

cz there's nothing worse than listening to a cd really loud thru the speakers and "ding!" something else made a sound in the middle of the song. and i know i could go to each app and close it or disable the sound but hey, applications r meant to make our life easier, right? :cool:

2. XianPalin macrumors 6502

XianPalin

Might help to set the volume to iTunes to the max volume, and then turn your speakers down a little, so hopefully iTunes is still pretty loud but the rest of the app's sounds aren't so dominant.

3. soulslave thread starter macrumors newbie

its always set to max, still the others r pretty loud too. but tnx for the quick reply :)

4. pooprscooper macrumors regular

One of the rare occurrences of Vista having a built in feature OSX doesn't :p There might be some 3rd party app that can do this, but I've never heard of one.

5. blodwyn macrumors 65816

I haven't tried this but it *might* work. Audio Hijack Pro can hijack the audio from any application and exclude the other system sounds. It may be possible to hijack the iTunes output and just play that without actually recording it. I'm at work so I can't try it at the moment.

6. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Sound in System Prefs: turn off user interface sound effects. Mail prefs: New Mail Sound: None.

7. pooprscooper macrumors regular

I just tested this and it does seem to work. Unfortunately you have to select and mute every program that might make noise. Is there a solo option to only allow one application through?