Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

missygal

Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Oregon
When your phone rings and you want to silent it but don't want the caller to know, do you press the power button or volume button. I know one send them straight to voice mail.

Thanks!!

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
When your phone rings and you want to silent it but don't want the caller to know, do you press the power button or volume button. I know one send them straight to voice mail.

Thanks!!

if you press either one of them only ONCE then it will silence the ringtone for you, but will continue visually on the screen.

if you press the sleep/wake button twice it will send them directly to voicemail.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
In a case like this might be safer to use a volume button since even if you accidentally press it more than once it will still only silence the call and not send it to voicemail right away.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Since the flip phone days, I call it "Down Arrowing" the call, and still works on most phones to this day, including iPhone. By that, I mean the Volume Down button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.