Silent button fell off.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fossiloflife, Oct 20, 2008.

1. fossiloflife macrumors newbie

Okay, the silent button on ma iPhone 3G(16gb) just came off :confused::confused:! tried calling the Apple support (India), got an recorded message saying, "the call center is closed". Post which I called Vodafone, they have asked me to visit a Vodafone store, and that they would me out! Am still not sure if I would have to shell out cash, am keeping my fingers crossed! I really hope that I get ma iPhone replaced! Any idea if it comes under warranty?(mixed response). I also found an apple forum thread on the issue! Any once else got the same issues?

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....sageID=8316671

OFFICIAL APPLE WORD ON IT? :confused::confused:

2. tubechallenger macrumors newbie

Mine fell off a few weeks ago, just took it to the Apple store and got it replaced for a nice shiny new iPhone 3G

3. fossiloflife thread starter macrumors newbie

tubechallenger you have made me smile! :D:D
    All I hope is different rules won't apply in India, I really hope so! :rolleyes:

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

My friend had the same thing happen and the Apple Store gave him a replacement iPhone for free.

5. fossiloflife thread starter macrumors newbie

Any idea about, if or not Apple warranty agreement changes with countries? :confused:

6. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

it shouldnt matter that your in india, the only thing is if you dont live near an apple store you will more than likely have to ship your broken phone to Apple and in turn they will ship you a new one

7. DrSD macrumors member

when i bought mine they (Vodafone) told me not to jailbreak it rest if anything happens they'll sort it out.

8. theappleguy macrumors 6502

It is a common problem, my second one came with a broken silence button out of the box. Take it back and they will replace it under warranty.

9. DanielJvdBerg macrumors regular

Darn it.. I have the same problem, mine is coming loose, but not all the way yet. Service in America is WAY better then here in The Netherlands, I called T-Mobile NLD, and they told me I could get a temporary phone, which costs 50 euros. And they would take it in for repair, and that would take FOUR weeks:mad::mad::mad::mad:, idiots!

10. fossiloflife thread starter macrumors newbie

ha now that's where the problem lies! don't know if i would get a replacement phone! phew!:eek:

11. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

I have noticed mine getting more and more loose. I see it falling off in the future. Will apple believe that I didnt drop it and have it fall of cus of that? I'm tempted to contact them now and report its loose so if it does fall off in the future I have something to back it up with...

12. fossiloflife thread starter macrumors newbie

Deadman64 i guess they would just ask you replace it NOW!

13. DrSD macrumors member

fossiloflife
    Did you visit vodafone store? Any luck?

14. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

jailbreaking is software and has nothing to do with a button falling of which is a hardware fault. its not like you trow the iPhone against the cold hard concrete wall of a jail-cell :rolleyes:.

if you QuickPwn it and not isntall Cydia and Installer i bet you they wont know that its jailbroken without doing diagnostics tests or looking thru the Unix structure.