Silent Hill is out!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by odelay, Dec 23, 2008.

1. odelay macrumors 6502

2. firteen888 macrumors regular

Anyone get it yet?? Worth it?? What's it like??

3. scott99 macrumors 6502a

I did a search and did not find it in the US App Store.

4. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

Can anyone tell me what it is? I'm in the US so I can't just read the description, and I can't find anything on it anywhere.

5. njpodder macrumors regular

Silent Hill is a very successful survival phycological thriller horrer game series that began years ago on Playstation and has seen console releases with Playstation, Playstation 2, Xbox, Xbox360, playstation Portable and Playstation 3 to name a few. The games are well known for scaring the bejesus out of players and being very very gory, scary, and have storylines with a lot of focus on demons, hell, inner evil, etc. The iphone/touch version is supossed to be more like a fps with the same horror element. Enjoy this game with the lights out and headphones in, or else it is not really enjoyable at all. If yo uare not already a fan of the Silent Hill series (I love the games) then it looks like this release might not be so entertaining for you. On the other hand, maybe it is just the thing to get you into the series.

6. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

Same here :(

All I get when I typed is this "GooeyFaces" app

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It seems that apps are not immediately available to the App Store Search Engine for some strange reason... they become available shortly after they go live. Hopefully something Apple will address.

You can also do the standard trick and change your store temporarily to UK, which will make it visible.

Here are screen grabs (click for full size):

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. bartelby macrumors Core

Has the "(EU)" got anything to do with it by any chance?

9. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Been playing it for about 5 minutes now and i can already see the pattern.
    There's a maze, a key, a handful of silent hill enemies and an exit door. You have a handgun with limited ammo and a torch you have to keep finding batteries for. You play the level once in the normal world and then again in the rustic Silent Hill world where the maze has shifted around.

repeat several times.

Its fairly good, easy to control and has great atmosphere and a very loose story.

10. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Just picked this up - I was a fan of the franchise, and still am.
    Will be posting my feedback here once I've had a chance to play.

R-Fly

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

12. aendaman macrumors member

aendaman

just gave it a quick go. the sounds are quite scary and the controls are ok afaict. but you can just move in four directions fwd, back, turn left and right. aiming by accel. tilt, firing by tap. for 5 bucks its fine i'd say...

13. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

14. jcde7ago macrumors 6502

jcde7ago

All I have to say after playing it is, it's a horrible game. The controls are terrible, although you do get used to them it is a pain in the butt, especially using the accelerometer to align your gun barrel outline to reload. All you do is run through hallways, shooting zombie nurses, and you can only aim straight, you basically have to tilt the whole phone just to try to aim it anywhere else. Not worth it IMO, so many more games you could use your money on right now...