Silent mode but keep haptics?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by hugecanoli, Dec 26, 2016.

1. hugecanoli, Dec 26, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016

hugecanoli macrumors newbie

This seems as though it should be the easiest thing to figure out, but I'm having trouble with this. How do I silence all audible alerts on my new Apple Watch, but still keep the haptic vibrations?

For example, I want my watch to tap to notify me that I have a notification but not ding. When I enter Silent Mode, the watch does indeed goes silent, but the haptics do not work.

I guess I could just slide the alert volume all the way down in the watch app, but I can still hear an audible tone (albeit very low) but this also silences my alarm to the point where I cannot hear it if in nightstand mode.

If the answer is right in front of me, I apologize in advance. Any help is appreciated...thank you.

2. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Swipe up on the watch face and tap the bell with the line through it.

3. hugecanoli thread starter macrumors newbie

I had mentioned when I put the watch in silent mode (bell with line through it) the haptics did not work. I was only using phone calls not vibrating while in this mode as my reference and I think I just found out the reason. In the watch app, there is a setting to enable haptics when receiving a phone call. That setting was not enabled by default, so even when the watch was put in silent mode, it would not vibrate.

I was mistaken about the other alerts, as I just tested a calendar event and a text message, and they both vibrate when in silent mode.

Hope this posts helps someone else in the future. Thanks.