Silent Release of Unadvertised Bands

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by applegeek01, Mar 10, 2015.

1. applegeek01 macrumors 6502

Anyone notice that Apple silently added to the modern buckle and leather loop? They both received a black color option. Personally, I'm excited about this because I was a little disappointed that I couldn't get a black leather loop in the beginning. Checked the store after the keynote....BOOM!

I wonder if this means that Apple will continue to release new bands throughout the year or if they will wait until the second generation comes out next year.

Thoughts?

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I think black was always an option. It is one of the stock configurations.
    http://www.apple.com/watch/gallery/#apple-watch-stainless-steel-case-black-classic-buckle

3. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Good question, and yeah I noticed that one too. Wish I could see that one, together, with the Watch Sport in Space Gray

4. psylence2k macrumors 6502

dont know if I want a sport or SS but one thing that disappoints me is that it seems that if you want a sport with a black band you have to go with the space grey. If I were to go with the sport I would want silver with a black band which doesn't seem to be an option without paying extra. I dont know why Apple wont let you pick any color rubber band to go with your original purchase.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

exactly! That means they will probably sell a ton of the silver aluminum watches knowing people will want a black band. It reminds me of the iphone C, and how apple did not sell a black color. If you wanted black you had to step up to the 5S.

6. applegeek01 thread starter macrumors 6502

7. odds macrumors 6502

Thoughts? Sure. The Leather Loop in Black is ********** GORGEOUS.

[​IMG]

8. applegeek01 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh trust me, it's freaking awesome. It's what I was silently dying over when I didn't originally see it back in September. So glad that it's available. I'm not too happy that I'll have to pay $150 for it along with the Milanese loop, but hey. I'll get over it

9. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

ahh...damn $250 for that modern buckle!

10. odds macrumors 6502

Better than $449 for ONE Link Bracelet. :D

11. KPOM macrumors G5

Are you getting one? Do you think it works for men, or just women? I was happy to see the black options as well. I think we'll see some more "silent" changes over time as Apple sees what sells and what doesn't.

12. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No, it wasn't when they first announced the Watch. The black Modern Buckle and Leather Loop are a recent silent addition to the collection yesterday.

----------

You seem preoccupied about this. The poll you started indicates that most members are of the opinion that the Modern Buckle is a feminine strap, and asking a single individual isn't going to change that.

13. KPOM macrumors G5

I'm curious about his motivation.