Silent Ringer Switch Broke

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hustle, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Hustle macrumors 6502a

Tonight, when my iPhone 3G was in my pocket, I noticed it kept vibrating, so I took it out and noticed it was on silent, so I switched it over to loud, when I realised the Silent Ringer Switch had to firmness to it. If you touch it slightly, it falls back down to silent. It's really loose now and putting the phone in my pocket makes it keep changing from silent to loud as the button is so loose.

Is this a common fault and will I have to pay to get this fixed or will this be covered under the warranty?

2. daisuke07 macrumors regular

Warranty because that's been happeningbto a lot of iPhones.

3. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok. I purchased the phone from CPWH and their customer support is terrible. Should I take it to them or plan a trip to Regent Street Apple Store?

4. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

Don't even bother contacting your carrier.. go straight to apple....

I just got my iPhone replaced today at a apple store.. took 10 minutes... no hastle nothing!

My carrier wanted me to be phone less and have them send my phone in to apple... I went straight to apple and they set me up beautifully!

5. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've just looked a bit closer and realized there's a 2cm crack coming from the silent ringer switch. Ugh.

6. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Phoned AppleCare today. They said it must be 'User inflicted' and I must pay them £138 to fix it.

They can go scratch!

7. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

take it to apple again. or call apple, and ask for a manager, and explain your story.

sometimes they will be nice and just give you the benefit of the doubt.

m