Silent Switch broken, stuck in silence.. 2.0.1 firmware... help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DannehB, Sep 3, 2008.

1. DannehB macrumors newbie

Okay so opening the phone isnt an option ;)

Firstly ive been researching this for the last few days now as my jailbroken and unlocked iPhone has now got a broken silent switch. It slides back and forth but stays in silent mode which kind of sucks. I havent got any sound out of it other than changing the ringtone.

Ive found software by Iclarified but that seems to only work on the 1.1.4 firmare.

IS THERE ANY SOFTARE AT ALL that i can download or a tutorial someone can type up for me where my phone will stay in ring mode!
    (unless i go to settings and change the ring to vibrate)

Ive also noticed that im not the only person who needs this kind of help so much appreiciated by more then one iPhone user!

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I would restore it and then take it in to Apple if its still under warranty.

3. DannehB thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont think this is an option because its second hand and all i got was the iphone and charger and headphones.. so warranty might not be the case..

i might take it in anyway, but is there a way I can back up all my settings and files and throw them back on when i return from the apple store, devistated that they dont want anything to do with it?

4. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Go to apple support website and enter your serial number to check warranty. Warranty follows the phone, not the owner.

5. DannehB thread starter macrumors newbie

i myself couldnt do this..

Is there not a software fix like the bypass on 1.1.4...?