Silent Switch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by duncanapple, Sep 15, 2008.

1. duncanapple macrumors 6502

Hi all -

I have a question - forgive me for not putting this in the other ipone thread - that has become such a monster, I thought I should put my specific question on its own to see if anyone else has experienced this.

When I used to switch my phone to silent via the slider switch on the side, a large bell with a slash through it would appear with a line through it, the phone would vibrate once, and that was it. Likewise, when I would slide it back, the bell would appear again.

Since going to 2.1, now, when i slide the switch, instead of the icon/bell, I get the status circle (like what you see when its shutting down) and thats it. Did apple change this or is my phone goofing up? Anyone else?

Thanks,
    Chris

(oh and I have the original iPhone btw)

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Is it going silent? If it is, what's the problem?

3. sibruk macrumors 6502a

It's your phone. Both my legitimate 3G and my Pwnaged 1st Gen show the same old crossed bell icon - no spinner.

4. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

5. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

6. bluelondon macrumors regular

7. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I should clarify - I only see the vibrate icon if my screen is already on, otherwise it just buzzes once.

8. duncanapple thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies - I had to restore and now it seems to work. I wasn't sure if apple had changed something or it was just me. Apparently is was just me. I think the spinning circle was the phone just being really slow, so slow that the silent activation was taking time - which would be a first. My iPod application also crashes a lot more than it did before, maybe 3 times already in the first day of using it? It just stops playing and goes back to the home screen... We will see what happens I guess...

Thanks again

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Same here on my first gen iPhone.