Silent/Vibe and Ring Switcher App?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cyroceon, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Long story short, my volume buttons and my silent switch are inoperable. I know I can change the volume via software using the double-tap home button, swipe left twice volume controls. But, is there a ring to vibe switcher app? Is there any other way to control whether phone will be in ring or vibe mode? Thanks guys.

2. pk7 macrumors 6502

I can't think of an app that does this but maybe AssistiveTouch can help you, if you're running iOS 5.

Go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> AssistiveTouch

When switched on, a little button will appear on your screen. Tap it, hit "Device," and there are muting and volume options there.

The only problem I can think of with this solution is that the button will hang around. If this doesn't bother you too much then this should work well for you.

3. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

No 3rd party apps can interact with System preferences (ex. Brightness, Volume, Autolock timing). If you jailbreak your device, you can get apps that have simple shortcuts like you described.

However, if you don't want to jailbreak, what pk7 said is the best way.

4. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Amazing. You just saved me $150 and I don't have to replace my iPhone 4. Thank you sir.