Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onFIRE

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2022
Has anyone else had a silicon Solo Loop that tore like this? I’m not sure if I accidentally did something to cause this tear or this is natural. I’ve only had this for 4.5 months. I’m mostly wondering because I don’t want to buy another one and have this happen again. Despite this, I’ve found this band to be really comfortable.

Attachments

• 69C81C3B-C88D-4A75-BC07-F296D465C0B6.jpeg
    69C81C3B-C88D-4A75-BC07-F296D465C0B6.jpeg
    300.6 KB · Views: 153

stanza.richi

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
Is it an original Apple Band or a third party? (lint attraction seems as a third party). I’m asking because I think that’s interesting to know if it’s Apple fluoroelastomer or not.

Reactions: addamas

onFIRE

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2022
Is it an original Apple Band or a third party? (lint attraction seems as a third party). I’m asking because I think that’s interesting to know if it’s Apple fluoroelastomer or not.
It’s an Apple band. Bought it from the Apple store.

Reactions: stanza.richi

onFIRE

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2022
Damn. For the price that Apple ask for this kind of band, it’s really bad to see this thing after only few months. Did you ask for a replacement?
I haven’t. I guess it doesn’t hurt to try, I’ll try online first. But ya, I wasn’t sure if I did something on accident to cause this or if this was normal. Wish these bands weren’t so expensive!

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
There was a thread about this very thing a little while back. Mine split in half after about eight months of use after showing signs of cracking like that. I wouldn’t use that band anymore if I were you. My crack was much less noticeable than that before it split and luckily my watch fell on a soft surface. Didn’t do anything to cause it. Just happened probably from the constant stretching to put it on and take it off. Just a friendly heads up.

Was the most comfortable band I ever used but I wouldn’t trust that thing ever again.

Reactions: onFIRE

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I haven’t. I guess it doesn’t hurt to try, I’ll try online first. But ya, I wasn’t sure if I did something on accident to cause this or if this was normal. Wish these bands weren’t so expensive!
It's still be under warranty so Apple will replace it. Seems the solo sport loop has had problem's splitting/cracking so it may happen to the replacement too

TKSX

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2021
The same issue happened to me. Got the first one in 2021 and a nick showed up one day.. Got it replaced under warranty (11 months use). The replacement came and I started using it.

During cleaning the band yesterday I noticed it had a nick (small tear) on one side of the band. I think this one lasted less than 1 year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.