Silicone and Leather Cases for iPhone XS and XS Max Targeted in Latest Leak

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 12, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Now that we know the names, storage capacities, and colors of the new iPhones set to be unveiled in a few hours, AllThingsHow has shared leaked product sitemap data related to select iPhone accessories.

[​IMG]
    The current iPhone X Silicone Case in Midnight Blue, Black, and (PRODUCT)RED

The sitemap includes links to iPhone XS silicone cases in Black, White, Midnight Blue, (PRODUCT)Red, and Stone, as well as XS leather cases in (PRODUCT)Red, Taupe, and Black. There are also mentions of OtterBox cases for both the iPhone XS and XS Max in the sitemap.

[​IMG]

For the iPhone XS Max, Apple will also offer silicone cases in the same colors, including Black, White, Midnight Blue, (PRODUCT)Red, and Stone. Leather cases for the 6.5-inch iPhone XS Max were not glimpsed in the data shared today, but are still expected options for the larger device.

Lastly, AllThingsHow discovered the iPhone XR name within a section of the sitemap that mentions AppleCare for all models of the new smartphone, which is an expected inclusion in every year's new iPhone announcement, although this year's version includes coverage for theft and loss.

[​IMG]

Other leaks this morning include the confirmation of the iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR names, storage capacities and colors for each model, new 40mm and 44mm Apple Watch sizes, and the new Apple Watch's front panel.

We'll be covering the full "Gather Round" event when Apple goes live at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time later today, so be sure to follow @MacRumorsLive and our own live blog for all the latest details as the event happens.

Article Link: Silicone and Leather Cases for iPhone XS and XS Max Targeted in Latest Leak

2. dan9700 macrumors 68000

dan9700

No point of a keynote now, we know everything haha

3. Agneev macrumors member

Never thought I'd see a browser from Microsoft in an Apple-focused site.

4. cashville2400 macrumors regular

cashville2400

I am just ready for this event! Seems like there's going to be so many things announced.

5. Brien macrumors 68030

Brien

This has been true since 2016.

6. dan9700 macrumors 68000

dan9700

Seems like its just phones and watches and accessories but thats ok still cant wait

7. Brien macrumors 68030

Brien

Still holding out for Pencil support. Also pricing.

8. djs71a macrumors member

Anyone have a link to a live blog for the event? Not sure what site(s) are the best for that.

9. felixroqu3 macrumors 6502

felixroqu3

Darn. Looks like the stone color will not be available in leather.

10. trimblet macrumors newbie

Isn’t AppleCare with Theft and Loss a new thing, also? Sounds cool.

11. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

So, I guess the Apple Leather Wallet case and the silicone case I got for Christmas last year for the X I returned won’t fit the XS after all? I wonder if they made the XS fatter or thinner. I think I bumped into a rumor somewhere around here about it but I don’t remember what it was.

12. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

Boring standard silicone colors

Will they have any new ones they haven’t released before?

13. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

And miss all of the awkward presentations and the possibility of really bad dancing? Bite your tongue! Of course there’s a point of a keynote.

14. alpi123 macrumors 6502

alpi123

Why do you assume it wouldn't fit? I don't think they have made it any thicker or slimmer since they're supposed to remove some of the speaker grills on the left side, probably to add functionality, without additional bulk.

15. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

What makes you say that? I didn’t spot any mentions of size in any the posts in regards to today’s leaks. Did I miss something, maybe?

16. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

Well I’ve seen that Spigen and another case maker designated special separate but parallel product lines on their sites for the XS. They didn’t just update their site to indicate their X products will also fit the XS. Usually when they do that there’s some sort of change to the dimensions to make some cases for older models incompatible with newer models despite looking almost the same.

There’s actually enough of a difference in thickness between the 7 Plus and 8 Plus that some case makers did have to update some styles of cases in their product lineup to accommodate the 8 Plus. Backwards compatibility isn’t a given in all styles of cases.

17. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Apple packaging for their iPhone 8 and 8 Plus cases only says those respective model names even they they are also compatible with the previous 7 models, per their own website. I wouldn’t assume it won’t fit the XS just because of the labeling.

18. jay_app macrumors newbie

I’m really surprise Apple would use “Max”.

19. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

Ultimate apple trolling would’ve been if they named X the X Mini last year without its Max counterpart ;)

20. WeemanWise macrumors 6502

WeemanWise

I holding out hope that this is all just #FakeNews. Those product names are just not Apple.

21. HobeSoundDarryl macrumors 604

HobeSoundDarryl

Hobe Sound, FL (20 miles north of Palm Beach)
    Perhaps they needed to triple down instead of double down? ;)

22. dominiongamma macrumors 65816

Never got why apples cases never protect the bottom of the phones? I know it may be for the dock but still wish it would protect the bottom of the phone.

23. ricktat macrumors 65816

The price might be scary/. Already $199 for regular AppleCare.

24. unobtainium macrumors 68020

Where’s the saddle brown leather or whatever they called it?

25. Vlad.E. macrumors member

Vlad.E.

Now let’s discuss which shade of red that is. I’ll bet it’s lipstic red.