Silicone case broke the silence switch

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by maverickem09, Jan 5, 2009.

1. maverickem09 macrumors member

While taking the silicone case (a zcover) on and off, somehow I managed to pull the switch off of the silence button.. It is still functional but I can't find the silver piece that sticks out and makes the switch accessible.. What should I do?

2. Reidy macrumors newbie

I have just had the exact same button come off but I dont use a case....

I have also just had a first whereby I couldn't hear anyone on the phone unless using the speaker, this now appears to have resolved itself by me plugging in and unplugging the headphones is this a known issue?

I'm in the UK anyone know if I should go direct to Apple or to the store I purchased the phone from?

3. maverickem09 thread starter macrumors member

I had the same headphone issue actually.. It comes into play when you use rgular headphones ( ones without the click button and mic on the headphones) and I think it's because the headphone jack is shorter and so it reads it when it's put in but not when it's pulled out.

As for getting it fixed.. The phone stores will most likely send you to apple. So I'd just go to an apple store.

4. Stiney macrumors member

My Silence button fell off my 3G one day. Nothing the case did. So when I went into Apple and had the phone replaced the tech said he has seen a couple of phones like this. So you should just take the phone in...they will most likely give you a new one like they did for me.