Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msmith2112

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2002
Ok, I have narrowed my case search down to 2: the Xtrememac Tuffwrap and the iQase Skin2

Both look pretty similar, and both come with screen protectors. I'll probably be getting an anti-smudge protector elsewhere, so i'm not sure that this is a huge deciding factor for me.

If you've owned either case, can you give me some details on the +/-'s of them?

Bad Ash

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2008
Chicago, IL
Not sure if you care about getting the chrome scratched up on your phone but if you do mind I'd say stay away from these types of cases. Just do a quick search on here and you will see a lot of people have gotten scratches all of the chrome from silicone cases like these.

msmith2112

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2002
Mine has already been scratched pretty bad by the Agent18 case.

got rid of it, but I have dropped the iPhone a couple of times...and I'm tired of pressing my luck without a case..hehe.

Bad Ash

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2008
Chicago, IL
I just got my phone a few weeks back and was all set to get a silicone case (that's all I ever used with my other phones). Then when I heard how they scratched the phone up... I just decided to just go with a nice screen protector and the Sena Elga case.

carfac

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006
I got the Invisible Shield. It is great- no scratching at all!

msmith2112

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2002
I got the iQase Skin2 and had it for about 3 days. I DID NOT like how it gathered lint and wouldn't slide in my pocket.

I finally bit the bullet and bought the Incase Slider and MAN, it is an awesome case! Fits the iPhone perfectly and looks awesome!

After the Agent18, iQase Skin2, and now the Slider: hands down the Slider is the best of the three!

EvryDayImShufln

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
i thought the silicone prevented scratches!
what will prevent scratches then??

I have a silicone case at the moment, and I put tape all around on the chrome. That way I cant see the tape when its covered by the case, and it wont get any scratches. Seems to work pretty well.

Bad Ash

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2008
Chicago, IL
I have a silicone case at the moment, and I put tape all around on the chrome. That way I cant see the tape when its covered by the case, and it wont get any scratches. Seems to work pretty well.

Sure this will help but come on... we shouldn't have to worry about something that is suppose to be protecting our phones to actually scratch it up!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.