Silicone keyboard skins

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by FuuFuu, Jul 31, 2008.

1. FuuFuu macrumors regular

FuuFuu

So i've been searching on ebay for a good keyboard cover. this one stood out and i thought it looks great.

Two Problems:

One: Has any used it? any opinons on it? can i shut the top with the skin on the keyboard?

Two: There's two different ones, one that protects the keyboard only and the other protects keyboard and the palm rests. which one should i get? will the palm rest help stop those cracks i've been hearing about?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-New-KeyBo...oryZ4601QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/MacBook-Pro-Key...oryZ4601QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

hhmmmm wonder what that feels like.

Once you Get one let us know how it is. I think it would feel a little too grippy and definatley take a while to get used to

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

I have a client that has a keyboard-only version (made by Marware, I think). It is used in a commercial environment, so I believe it is keeping a ton of crud out from under the keys.

Yes, the case closes just fine with it on.

Hope that helps!

4. cambridge1807 macrumors member

I have the zCover. I think it works well and covers all the keys. Too bad there isn't one for the handrests though. Best thing about the cover, it is the exact same size for my Wireless Aluminum keyboard as well.

5. Twenty5 macrumors regular

just a tip... of of my friends got one from eba and when he tried it, he noticed that the built quality was very bad.... just make sure is a good one.... and if you can look for one in a store so you can feel the material or even tried it out before buying it.

6. Evader macrumors newbie

I have a silione one. half the reason I got it was to stp the palm rests from getting shiney from the wear of my hands on them. Also I've already had my keyboard/palmrests replaced under applecare because they cracked (very common issue) and I figure the silicone should help take some pressure off the palmrest when the lid is closed.