Silicone skin case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by dojoman, Apr 8, 2010.

1. dojoman macrumors 65816

2. jeffy777 macrumors 6502

3. magillagorilla macrumors member

4. dojoman thread starter macrumors 65816

Griffin one looks really nice but no price and no release date. Price gap on these rubber cases are big, I guess we'll find out if there really is you get what you paid for...

5. T4R06 macrumors 65816

6. magillagorilla macrumors member

I went ahead and ordered the $5 one from Amazon. It had one review confirming that it actually fits (from a reviewer who had plenty of negative responses about other products). Figured it would hold me over until the price-gouging of early Ipad adopters ends. I need to get something on the back of mine asap, as my two boys can't keep their hands off of this thing (which will inevitably lead to some scratches if it is left unprotected).

I'll report back upon receipt.

7. dojoman thread starter macrumors 65816

You got any pictures? Too late I bought it already, I can always return it.

8. jeffy777 macrumors 6502

9. jeffy777 macrumors 6502

I got mine today and it fits nicely and the quality seems fine.....EXCEPT it has a really bad chemical smell. I'm soaking it in some soapy water to see if that helps, but I'm not sure why it stinks so bad. I hope it's not some dangerous Chinese chemical or something, lol.

10. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

Could be Remember the Smelly Evil Dead "Book of the Dead" release from a few years back..toxic.

11. WPerry66 macrumors newbie

I bought the following silicone case off amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CU6GJO/ref=oss_product

The case is junk, save your money and buy a more appropriate case. The sides which are supposed to sit flush against the screen stick up about a quarter inch allowing dust & debris to get under the case, essentially negating it's purpose. Luckily I only spent about $10 for it with shipping.

After about a half hour of trying to get it to fit correctly I broke down and bought the OEM Apple case. I figure that in order to get a proper case you're just gonna have to break down and pony up a few extra bucks...
    :apple:

12. Diet Pepsi macrumors member

I would like a white, hard, plastic Incase, to match the one on my touch. I guess I will just wait.

13. dojoman thread starter macrumors 65816

Silicone case from HHI is junk. It's going back. The cutout for mic is off and bottom section fit is not good. You get what you paid.
    I bought Belkin $50 case instead and quality is big difference, cutout is perfect, even the speaker cutouts are perfectly aligned. Quality is excellent. Watch out for these cheap silicon cases from China, well they all are but some of these manufacturer probably didn't even have real iPad to design these cases. They just made from spec.

14. ipadder macrumors regular

Yikes! Sorry to hear that. I preordered from Cimo Cases and they must have designed from specs but it fits nicely. Guess I got lucky :x

15. jeffy777 macrumors 6502

Yep, I had to go with the Belkin too. Pricey, but at least it's not junk like these HHI cases are.

16. Slingdude macrumors newbie

17. dojoman thread starter macrumors 65816

Not sure, they all look good on pictures but it's a hassle to buy stuff online and try them on. I got sick of it and bought $50 Belkin case at Apple store. Worth every penny.

18. magillagorilla macrumors member

The cheap AMZ case is a definite pass. Floppy fit.