Silly...but does this annoy anyone else?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by someone28624, Jul 21, 2011.

1. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

Why is the Tile Game in dashboard still a picture of a Snow Leopard?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

They must have forgotten to change that one... :eek:

3. tkermit, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011

tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

No, that doesn't annoy me. I find it more annoying, that in all these years, they still haven't figured out how to keep the weather widget from moving around by itself and even sometimes going off-screen. :rolleyes:

With regard to the Tile Game though, it's an easy fix. Just replace default.png in /Library/Widgets/Tile Game.wdgt/ and game.png in the Images subfolder with these first two, and voilà:

Attached Files:

4. mac1984user macrumors 6502a

mac1984user

YES! I fully agree with you. What is up with the weather widget?! I'm always readjusting it. I keep four weather widgets up in my dashboard and they always end up having shifted around every time I go back into dashboard. It's damned annoying!

5. jgould macrumors regular

Has anyone figured out why this happens or how to fix it? I am pretty sure that the only widget that does this on my system is the weather widget (Although I have had the clock revert to a different time zone before...)

6. Franciturci macrumors member

This confirms that Dashboard is an (almost) dead project.

7. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

They have also forgotten to change the icons for the desktop to reflect Lion's wallpaper.

Add this to the fact that the Weather widget still moves down by itself over time (unfixed since 10.5), we can be pretty sure that this is true.

8. jgould macrumors regular

To me, letting the dashboard go down the drain is a mistake. I use it for all sorts of quick reference information as well as running iStat Pro so that i can see how my Mac is running...

It's a shame that Apple seems to have forgotten the Dashboard...

9. phyrexia macrumors 6502a

I think I like Win7's widgets more than the Mac dashboard. I don't tend to use the dashboard.

10. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    They could really improve it and make it like a Windows 7 phone homescreen, show newest e-mails, iTunes controls, news updates. Make the interface faster and more consistent and attractive, with a large date and time somewhere.

11. marc11 macrumors 68000

You can do most of that now, there are widgets for pretty much everything you listed there, I have the date and time with multiple time zones, a English to Japanese translator, a new and sports ticker, iStat, iTunes controls, weather and more...and I four finger click brings me right to it, fast and easy...I would still like to change the background of it. But still doesn't solve the bugs, like the weather moving, or the fact that I have two clocks, one for NY and one for Tokyo and yet, the time on them is a couple of minutes different...hmmmmm. The moving is annoying as all heck.

12. i4k20c macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

I agree, I used to use Dashboard all the time on my powerbook. After a while, you can notice how much of my cpu's resources it used so I stopped using it. Part of the reason I loved getting my new mbp a month ago was to start using dashboard again.

Just nifty for all sorts of random things:
    Tracking Packages
    Weather
    iStat
    Notes
    and the list goes on...

i do hate taht there isn't a dedicated kb button anymore because it makes it more difficult to think about and/or use. I'm not a big fan of this whole mission control thing. :(

13. AmbiguousNinja macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

The puzzle widget isn't all they forgot, just look at the Desktop and Screensaver icon!

Attached Files:

14. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

Have you noticed they fixed it? ;)

[​IMG]

15. WSR macrumors regular

I prefer the Dashboard. In Win7, they get covered up by windows. The Dashboard can be quickly brought up when you want to check something and then quickly dismissed when you are done.

I hope this feature isn't lost, but with one of the recent updates to SL, I had 2 widgets stop working. DVD Releases and Now Showing for TIVO both stopped connecting to the internet or my TIVO respectively.