Silly European volume setting

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by simonp820, Feb 1, 2008.

1. simonp820 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've just upgraded to 1.1.3 and have noticed the EU volume restriction is back again :(

Is there anyway round this without jailbreaking?

Cheers

Simon

2. ViP3r macrumors newbie

Noob european q:p

How do you know their is a volume restriction??

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I'm with the above how do you know its back? being in the UK myself I can say I noticed no difference in the volume in any of the firmwares

4. simonp820 thread starter macrumors newbie

There definately is!

I had my 1.1.1 model jailbreaked and changed the RegionalVolumeLimits.plist file - the sound was very noticeably louder.

Now I've gone to 1.1.3 (non jailbreaked) the max volume is not as loud as it was.

This is really annoying! I want it louder again ;)

If you've never jailbreaked (jailbroken or whatever!) your ipod and changed the registry setting you will have never experienced the higher volume!

5. joefinan macrumors 6502a

As someone with tinnitus, I would urge you to heed the limit.

Just my advice.

6. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

How dare they try to protect my ears! I want to be deaf by the time i'm 25! I want 10 times the volume! I want it so loud that it makes my heart beat to the rhythm of the music!

Damn those European Commies!!!

:D

I quite like the whole restriction thing. I only ever listen to my "restricted" iPod at half volume, and i'm going slightly deaf. I can't understand why anyone would want to listen to it louder than that unless they've already gone deaf from listening to music too loud.

7. simonp820 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi folks,

I really don't want to get into the whole 'nanny state' argument today ;)

Just wanted to find a way to sort it without jailbreaking.

Cheers

Simon

8. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Ah I have to say I'm in the boat of not knowing what it is. Though saying that, my headphones block out a fair amount of noise and so about 1/4-1/3 volume is pretty loud...

9. Gondry macrumors member

not everyone uses headphones, I mostly plug mine into a radio thing with a cable in the headphone socket, the eu volume restriction hack is very useful for me as I have the volume nearly on max to get a decent sound level through my radio.

I updated to 1.1.3 via the installer from a jail broken 1.1.2 and it looks like this didn't put in the regional restriction this time, unless its been moved to a new location.

10. dagored macrumors 65816

Go to the ilounge. There was a tutorial there about 2 weeks ago on raising the sound limit. I looked at it and thought. Wow all that to break to Euro limit. However, the guy posting it was quite happy. I think it was in the forums.

EDIT: Forgot - You have to be jailbroken for this to be accomplished. If you are not into that, then forget my post.

11. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

You should use the line out that you get through a dock rather than the headphone out for better quality anyway :)