Silly nickname has taken over my contact on MAIL app

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by fayemous, Aug 28, 2014.

1. fayemous macrumors newbie

Hi all, my google-fu has failed me in finding a solution to this pressing problem. I have a random acquaintance that has saved people to her contact list under silly nicknames. :roll eyes: I used to get a chuckle out of it, but after a recent group email sent from her to me and others, other emails (unrelated to her entirely) addressed to me show up with this nickname in the recipients list.

I just received an email from my boss to my personal account, and it's addressed to my email address, but instead of it being My Name, it is Silly Nickname. I'm dying of embarrassment, and checked my reply to make sure the nickname is not visible at all (it was not, hopefully). This leads me to believe it's attached itself to my account somehow, but there's no trace of it in my Google/Gmail contact list, nor in my Contact List on my Mac.

I have checked my Contact List app and this silly nickname is nowhere on my card, nor anywhere else on my contact list. Any ideas? Please help!

2. fayemous thread starter macrumors newbie

Just a note that I looked at the emails on my iPhone and my normal name shows up. It's only the Mail app where this stupid nickname has leeched into my contacts, which no means of deleting it.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Open Mail then under the Window menu open Previous Recipients and delete the offender. I think that will kill it.

4. fayemous thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip, but I tried that, and it unfortunately hasn't worked. I had my friend send me an email so I can double check the recipients list, and it still lists the nickname.

5. Datsyuk macrumors newbie

Datsyuk

Thank you so much for this. It worked for me. It was really starting to irritate me when every Gmail that showed up in Apple Mail displayed me as: Canada Holidays

Super grateful,

B