Silly Question: Is the Pro color the same as iPhone 5s "Space Gray"

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Yr Blues, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

I know it's polished aluminum, but it's not exactly black (at least when I saw it in person).

Is it the same color as "Space Gray"?

2. cbm macrumors member

Not really. It's near-black anodized, but really shiny, so it picks up the colors of things around it.

3. AidenShaw macrumors P6

AidenShaw

Same color, different hue.

4. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

Under bright florescent lights... yes... space grey is how I would describe it. However, in the subdued lighting of my home office, it's indisputably black.

5. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks, both of y'all. It's a very deceptive color that's dependent on lighting, I guess.

6. chrfr macrumors 603

I'm confused. The definition of hue is "color."

7. Perilla macrumors newbie

It can look absolutely silver if it's in a particularly bright sun-lit room. I suppose it can be any shade you want it to be....

I was flummoxed by the "space gray" color when I first saw it in the Apple Store. After watching it change shades in several reviews, I began to understand why. It would be cool if Apple created a kind of "light show" display in the stores that played off of the reflective qualities of the cylinder while also calling some much needed attention to it, as it's so tiny that I almost didn't see it!

8. wheelhot macrumors 68020

I would consider the nMP space grey as the true space grey compared to the iPhone 5s as it looks out of this world, almost alienlike/futurelike :cool:

9. AidenShaw macrumors P6

AidenShaw