silly question... (putting a large image on an iPhone)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by macmadandproud, Aug 1, 2007.

1. macmadandproud macrumors member

May 16, 2006
    Sorry if the answer to this is obvious, but it seems that it is not to me...

I want to put an image on my phone of the London tube map. It is approx 1500 x 1000 and I want to keep it this size so that I can use the zoom in to view specific stations and lines... is there a way to do this? Whenever I load it in via iPhoto, the image is so small that whenever I zoom in, it is all blurry.

I also tried e-mailing the large image to myself, but it seems that in email you hardly get any zoom at all...

Is this even doable? I seem to remember seeing a preference somewhere to turn off resizing when syncing from iphoto but I can't seem to find it.

I leave for London in 4 hours, and will truly be lost without someone's help!!

2. LanikaiGirl macrumors member

Jul 6, 2007
  3. macmadandproud thread starter macrumors member

May 16, 2006
    Thanks for the link, however I need to have it with me, and can't afford to pay for web access while roaming.

This will just make it a link in safari, correct?

4. jecapaga macrumors 601

Jul 1, 2007
    Southern California
    not sure if this it as a pdf and email it to yourself to an account you can view on your iphone as an attachment. perhaps this allows for zooming.
  5. pac07metal macrumors newbie

Dec 9, 2009
    I figured out a way to view huge images on the iPhone! I was able to view my 5000px x 5000px image.

programs i used to do this on mac: photoshop and numbers.

-I first cut the image into parts of 1000px x 1000px in photoshop using slices so I had a total of 25 parts.

-Using numbers i spaced 5x5 cells and in each cell 13.89 inches which is approximately 1000px

-I inserted the parts in order in the 5x5 cells

-email the saved numbers file to yourself and view on your iPhone
  6. biggrim macrumors member

Jan 11, 2009
    Glasgow, Scotland
    There is a free app in the app store (in the uk at least) for the London Underground and I dont think you need a data connection to look at the map. I think the app is called Tube Map and I used it recently when I was working in London.

Hope this helps