Silly Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wingnut8, Aug 16, 2009.

1. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

Last night I was in the car and used my friends iPhone to make a call. While doing so I noticed his phone looked different than mine while making a call. Instead of showing the persons picture behind everything on the screen like mine, it had the persons name at the top with a small picture to the right of their name. Anyone know why this would be like this?

2. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Yeah, it has to do with whether you took the picture on the phone and attached it to the contact that way or whether you imported the picture. I can't remember which way leads to which result though, hopefully someone else will remember that part :)

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    It all depends on if their picture was synced from the computer (like address book) where it will show up small, or if it was done directly on the phone in the Contacts.

From computer = small
    From phone = big

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Covered numerous times. Used to be a sticky.

When you add people with contacts via Address Book from your Mac as opposed to taking their pic with your iPhone and adding it. The former gives the smaller pictures, like the Apple commercial. The latter gives the full picture.

Attached Files:

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Nice pic. :p I have myself on my buddy list too so I can see my own posts more clearly. ;) I always love when walls of yellow arrive. :D

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

and ungratefulninja is not one his buddies. :)