Silly things, really...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dazzer21, Jun 4, 2010.

1. dazzer21 macrumors 6502

Three things:

On Leopard, where is the equivalent of OS9's KeyCaps shortcuts map?

How can I search for items in order that they were last modified? I.E. if I do a search for something called 'file' and I then open one of the files it finds called 'file1', if it's not the one I was after, close it and re-search for 'file', 'file1' shows up as being 'last opened' today, not 'last modified' last week - Sherlock2 does what I want it to do wonderfully.

Why do I have to download a third-party application to be able to print the contents of a window when OS9 allowed that?

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

1. System Preferences > International > Input Menu
    Check Keyboard Viewer. I think that puts the US flag in your Menu Bar, on the right side. Now Keyboard Viewer is available from there.

2. Use command-F instead of Spotlight.

3. I dunno. But, select all, Copy, open TextEdit, Paste. There's your list.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The Character Palette in Mac OS X replaces the "Key Caps" feature used in OS 9 and earlier Mac OS versions, but the Character Palette offers more features than Key Caps did. To view the Character Palette you click on the "Edit" menu (in an application or in the Finder) and select "Special Characters." The Character Palette will appear. You can also open the Character Palette in the International control panel under System Preferences, or even have an icon in the Finder bar that will open it.
    Picture 570.jpg
    What window do you want to print?