Silly VMware Fusion Question

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jnyepu, Oct 1, 2007.

1. jnyepu macrumors member

I preordered Fusion 1.0 back in June and sadly have not had time to install or deal with it till, uh, now :eek:.

I've installed Fusion 1.0 with my registration code and all that good stuff, and have the Preferences configured for automatic updates.

I see there is a Beta 1.1 version out. Fusion 1.0 on my system has not automatically updated or alterted me to upgrade to this version. Is this because it's a Beta version?

Should I go ahead and download the Beta and install over my registered Fusion 1.0. If I do that, what effect does that have on my registration? Guess the question is, is my registration now "invalidated"?

When a final version of Fusion 1.1 comes out, is there an upgrade price or do I need to pay full price?

This stuff wasn't clearly listed in the FAQs on their site after digging around.

Thanks!

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

1.1 is a free upgrade, but unless you need its new features it's probably best to stay with 1.0 for now.

3. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I'd probably stay with Fusion 1.1 if you have important documents or anything critical that you use under Fusion. Fusion 1.1 beta has already crashed once within 2 days of its use, whereas Fusion 1.0 was rock-solid stable for me.

4. dwright1974 macrumors 6502

dwright1974

The good news is your VMware licence is good for all future versions of Fusion until the next 'major' release - Fusion 2.0.

I'd wait if you're not having any issues with Fusion 1.0.

HTH

- D