Silver Aluminum Durability

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by thatsmyfish, Apr 26, 2015.

1. thatsmyfish macrumors regular

We know that aluminum scratches, but aside from not being able to survive a skillet dropping onto the case, how is the silver aluminum proving on durability?

2. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

Aluminium alloy is relatively soft. If dinged it's gonna dent, it's as simple as that, no big deal. Don't get all worked up about it, what happens happens. See it as your watch aquiring unique patina, making it even more personal than when you took it out of the box. *shrug* :)

3. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

Honestly, I'm more concerned about those annoying hairline scratches on the glass. They just sit there and laugh at you every time you look at your watch.

Someone posted they accidentally dropped it from their night stand and now the face has a hairline scratch. I thought you could take a knife to it without scratching it.

4. thatsmyfish thread starter macrumors regular

Will Apple Care cover the scratches if they are too noticeable?

I'm not terribly worried about the case itself. When it's not in my wallet, my silver iPhone 6 is naked. Dumb question - how closely will the watch match the composite of my iPhone?

5. Break81 macrumors member

Unfortunately it is really soft and I'm sure after one month everybody has a unique watch.

6. Costino1 macrumors 6502

Costino1

The warranty will not cover scratches or dings