Silver/black ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BMcCoy, Mar 12, 2016.

1. BMcCoy macrumors 65816

BMcCoy

I was reading about the new HTC 10 on nowhereelse, and I noticed they're (probably) releasing the silver backed phone with both white and black front bezels.

I've always picked the 'space grey' iPhones, as I don't like the white front bezel, but if this was an option, I think I'd go silver/black. I wonder if Apple will ever add this option..?

2. lagwagon, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016

lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Gold/black is what I've been hoping for for a couple years now. The black face would look awesome with the gold ring around the home button/touch ID.

Not like it would be hard or require a lot of extra effort. The display/and bezels are all one unit. Just attach them to the other case colours. The only change they would have to make is putting the matching colour home buttons into the black fronts (silver, gold and rose gold) during assembly.

Black/rose gold would look pretty sharp as well.

3. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Thats already what space grey is...

4. BMcCoy thread starter macrumors 65816

BMcCoy

??

I don't think you understood the question.

5. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

I believe what was meant was that the space gray from the recent iPhones looks so much like the silver color that it's almost like a silver phone with a black front bezel.

It's certainly not the same shade as the "space gray" iPod touch. In fact, Apple did use the combination you're referring to in the 2013 iPod touch that lacked a rear-camera. The black side buttons gave it a nice look, in my opinion.

6. BMcCoy thread starter macrumors 65816

BMcCoy

Yeah, this was the silver/black iPod Touch in 2013... I like it.
    itouch.jpg
    --- Post Merged, Mar 13, 2016 ---
    I don't think the space grey and silver iPhones are at all similar...

phone.jpg

7. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

iphone-6-gold-silver-space-gray-stock-real-19844-MLU20178164327_102014-F.jpg
    Actually, yes they are! The image you used is a mock-up, not the real product.

8. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

If you saw a space grey iPhone away from a silver one you wouldn't know the difference besides the bezel.

9. PortableLover macrumors 6502a

Yeah space n silver on the iphones is the same. Grey is slightly darker, but not as much in the images depicated. We really need a space black instead of this darker silver.

10. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

I would love black face and rose gold with a rose gold ring around the home button. That'd be purty.

11. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

Really wouldn't matter to me because with a case around it, you'd never really see the back.

But I like having the option.

12. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

I also thing silver & black is the nicest looking combo. In the end I don't really care much about the colour of the back.

13. cracksoup macrumors 6502

cracksoup

The front has to be black for me so I naturally choose space grey. It looks so clean when screen is turned off. I also like the space grey back so win win. Wouldn't choose another colour.

14. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Do not care much about the phone color as I put a case on it. BUT, the bezel has to be black!

15. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

I went white/silver on my iPhone 6 and I've regretted it ever since. Next iPhone will be Space Grey with the black face.

16. BMcCoy thread starter macrumors 65816

BMcCoy

Ah, one of the reasons I don't perceive space grey as anywhere close to silver is that I am still on a 5S. And my space grey 5s is definitely dark grey, compared to the very light silver colour of the silver 5S. It looks like 6-series 'space grey' is much lighter. Even so, I'd still like a silver phone as below - but with a black front bezel.

Maybe one day... Apple seem happier to have several SKUs for each product release these days, and the iPhone 7 looks like having even more varieties!

silver.png space grey.png

17. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

I agree. The darker space gray is definitely better-looking than the lighter one.

Personally, my dream iPhone would have a black bezel with the blue aluminum color from the iPod touch. Too bad Apple only offers the color options with the white bezels :(

18. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

Black front with a (very) subtle gold would be my choice. Alternatively, I really wish Apple offers a dark grey and black model this time around with the 7.

19. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

20. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

So "scuff-gate" can happen again?

21. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

That had to do with the andonizing

22. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I'd like a Silver and Black as well. That would match well with my Mac and my Apple Watch Sport, which are both silver aluminum and have a black display/watch band.

23. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Of the slate-black phones, which is why Apple moved to a lighter gray/silver color.

24. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

It's just the lighter color hides scratches better. As someone who owned the "slate" I never had a problem.

25. PortableLover macrumors 6502a

Does the apple watch with that darker space grey suffer eith it? Does the new macbook as well? Cos if not I hooe that apple will put it on future iphones.