Silver/Gold/Rose Gold finishes vs. Jeans

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ayobonus, Sep 11, 2015.

1. ayobonus macrumors regular

Hey all,

I've always had the black iPhone ever since the first generation was released. But this year with the rose gold option, I'm considering getting it. I'm just worried about one thing: how it'll hold up against jeans.

I wear jeans everyday to work, and I walk about two miles a day (NYC Commuter) with my phone in my pocket. I currently have the Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus, and the corners of the antenna bands my phone already have a blue tint to it. The antenna bands on the Space Grey are obviously darker than the other finishes. But I'm just worried that if I get any of the white face finished phones, the antenna bands will be straight up blue by the time a year passes by. For those of you who have iPhones with white antenna bands, how have they held up against jeans?

tl;dr: If your iPhone has white antenna bands, have they turned blue because of putting them in your jeans pocket?

2. chino303 macrumors regular

chino303

I have the 6+ Gold, and I either have my iPhone naked or with covers, depending on my mood or laziness. I wear jeans every single day. The bands on my phone are a bit darker compared to day 1, but definitely not blue colored.

Hope this answers your question.

chino

3. flur macrumors 68000

I put my phone inside a soft sunglasses bag. That keeps it from turning blue or getting scratched up by something else I have in my pocket. BUT I'm not sure a 6 plus would fit inside...

4. ayobonus thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply, guys. I just think that it'll be inconvenient to put my phone in a soft cloth bag, and then put it in my pocket. I have a few hours to decide. That Rose Gold looks nice though.

5. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I don't wear jeans, rather, I wear shorts every single day of the week so I can't offer an answer to your question. However, I had to pop in and compliment you on an awesome thread title! Made me smile....

6. ayobonus thread starter macrumors regular

Haha! Thanks