iPad Pro Silver or Gold

Discussion in 'iPad' started by harrypham, Mar 26, 2016.

1. harrypham macrumors member

I have a brand new Gold iPad Pro 12.9 128GB Wifi, I am about to return it to purchase a Cellular one from Bhphoto. Now, I am think of getting a silver instead of gold because I have a gold iPad Airr 2 and a gold iPhone 6s, and I feel gold looks urgy in iPad due to its size.

What about silver?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

3. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

By process of elimination, I'd go for silver.

4. harrypham thread starter macrumors member

Does silver look more classic? I had my iPad 3 and iPad Air in silver, and my family member had silver iPads. I bought iPad Air 2 Gold after I had iPhone 5s Gold that I really liked. Then, I had a iPhone 6 Space Grey. Last year, I went back iPhone 6s Gold. Now, I am using gold iPhond and iPad.

5. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

Silver is the 'classic' colour used in every iPhone and iPad since inception, it's the same colour as the MacBook Pros, and I personally just don't like the gold or grey colours. Gold looks gaudy to me, although you might pick it to match your 6S, and I'd rather see a much darker grey, or even a black.

6. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

7. burts macrumors newbie

I went with space grey, if you think about it I see the rear of my ipad maybe once a year if I thoroughly clean it

8. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

I think space grey is he best. No bezel around the screen to show like the white faced ones
    But id go silver out of the two of those

9. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

I've written this PHP decision maker—which uses the most advanced in choice-making algorithms and definitely not a random number generator—to aid you in your time of ambivalence.

10. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Classic to who? Who are you trying to impress? Whose opinion of your iPad color choice matters to you? Are you trying to get a country club membership based on your iPad color? Just pick the one you like. I think you're slightly, no make that vastly, overthinking it.

11. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

I went for Gold for the 12.9 inch iPad Pro since the screen is large enough that the white bezel is not a distraction anymore. But if I am getting a 9.7 inch, I will definitely go Space Grey due to the black bezel. The bezel to screen ratio is much larger for a smaller device.

12. tsang2320 macrumors demi-god

RG 6s and Silver Air 2 here. May get a SG 7 if the new MBP comes in SG as well. You will either think the gold is too saturated or the silver is too dull more than once during your ownership anyways. ;)

13. harrypham thread starter macrumors member

I like gold, and I have my iPhone 5s, iPhone 6s, and iPad Air 2 in gold. My iPad 3 and Air 1 are in silver. Now, I feel large iPad looks bad in gold, so I am thinking about going back silver.