Silver pen to get rid of small nicks?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ChazDaSpaz, Feb 20, 2009.

1. ChazDaSpaz macrumors regular

Hi everyone, regrettably, I dropped some loose change onto my MacBook by mistake. I didn't think of it much at the time but upon closer inspection the coins have left tiny tiny scratches. I was upset at first but got over it. I reckon that these scratches would be easy to conceal using a silver pen. Does anyone reckon that this will work? Or would you just leave your MacBook with scratches. Would dabbing a small amount of silver ink onto the MacBook damage the outer casing in any way? Help appreciated. :eek:

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

It shouldn't damage it, but it may actually bring the scratch to your attention MORE, if the color match is bad.

3. ChazDaSpaz thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah. I dunno, I'll look for a silver pen that matches the MacBook aluminium as closely as possible. Would you do it yourself if you were in my situation and had a suitable silver pen?

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Probably not, just because the pen marks would bug me even more. :OCD:

5. turkey1 macrumors member

get a skin thats what i do when i scratch something motorcycle helmet laptop ect..

6. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Yeah, let it go, it happens. Think of how fortunate you are (OP) that you didn't spill anything down in the keyboard and cause a BIG issue. Check out the threads of people spilling sugary soft drinks, soup, condiments and such down in the keyboard and destroying the logic board. Some people have dropped their Macbooks or allowed them to get banged around in their book bags and cause horrible dents. All of a sudden those slight coin marks won't be a big deal anymore.

7. ChazDaSpaz thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I guess I'm taking this scratch a bit too seriously, I don't even see the scratches unless I focus on it, since the scratches are a slight silvery colour too. I'll just have to keep these "battle-scars" and say they give my MacBook some character :D

8. Ramius macrumors 6502

Theoretically, some fine sandpaper should matte them down. And this should go find since the case is of aluminum.

9. paolo- macrumors 6502a

I sadly think the surface is anodized or treated someway I'm fairly sure the alu under the surface is slight of another shade