Silver phone has black iPhone logo? Why.

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
This looks to me to be a design error. The 'iPhone' word almost disappears on the dark grey iPhone but on the silver iPhone it should have been printed lighter to give the same blending in effect. Making the words very visible on one phone while making them almost vanish on the other is a bit strange. The shiny Apple logo is the identifier.

back.gif

iSayBoourns

Suspended
Sep 15, 2017
Because the “chrome” like silver they use for the lettering and Apple logo is very reflective and depending on angle/light it will be lighter or appear “black”.

Reactions: Ntombi

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
It's not black. It's the same shiny material (SS?) as the apple logo.
Well if that's the case then it's fine, and just a bad advertising photo. Should have been made clearer on the pictures then.

Strelok

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2017
United States
Well if that's the case then it's fine, and just a bad advertising photo. Should have been made clearer on the pictures then.
Yeah, I just checked to make sure and it looks the same on the iPhone 8 Plus pictures. There are pictures that are tilted where it shows it's reflective though.

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
Now that I know it's really a shiny logo and not black I have to say that the art director has erred, because it doesn't indicate that it's shiny. if I were buying online and had not seen the phone in person I might have chosen the wrong phone. Usually something that is mirror finished has that indicated clearly as the Apple logo itself does.

Tell that the charging port on the Magic Mouse
Seeing as you use that port once every two month and it will charge the mouse in a couple of hours I think underneath the mouse is the best place. If it's an emergency then 2 minute charge will get you to the end of the day.

maerz001

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2010
Now that I know it's really a shiny logo and not black I have to say that the art director has erred, because it doesn't indicate that it's shiny. if I were buying online and had not seen the phone in person I might have chosen the wrong phone. Usually something that is mirror finished has that indicated clearly as the Apple logo itself does.

Seeing as you use that port once every two month and it will charge the mouse in a couple of hours I think underneath the mouse is the best place. If it's an emergency then 2 minute charge will get you to the end of the day.
To that logic: Why do u care about the color of the print at all? It is on the back anyway. So u don't see it most of the time;)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Tell that the charging port on the Magic Mouse ;)
That wasn't an error as it was more than likely that way on purpose.
[doublepost=1509058965][/doublepost]
To that logic: Why do u care about the color of the print at all? It is on the back anyway. So u don't see it most of the time;)
But you KNOW (and knowledge is half the battle).

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
In fact the design purpose is the same. I thought it was printed black but it wasn't it actually blends in and disappears, which is what it should do, same as the mouse port, which is not on the 'back' of the mouse, it's underneath the mouse.

When I hear complaints about the charging port on the magic mouse it's obvious that this is someone going out of their way to look for a problem that does not exist. People would say at the time, 'but what if you forget to charge it and then you go to use it and it won't work', which is obviously a bit silly seeing as a two minute charge will do you. Apart from the fact that they have to remember to charge their phone every night.

Sometimes it's obvious that complaints are of this nature. Which is exactly the nature of the complaints about the so called X notch, people are desperately trying to make it into a problem when it is not.