Silver ring scratching or peeling

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yui4, Jan 2, 2014.

1. yui4 macrumors 6502

I am looking to get the 5s in silver. Has there been any issues with regard to the silver ring around the touch Id sensor scratching or peeling under normal use?

I've searched but not found anything so thought I'd ask

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I haven't heard anything about this being a problem.

3. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Well, if you've not found anything, I'd say you've actually found your answer.

I've got a gold 5s and have had no issues at all with scratching / peeling on the steel ring.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Makes no sense to invent a problem then search for it, then start a thread when the search comes up empty.

5. yui4 thread starter macrumors 6502

Someone on apples forum had complained that the silver ring on his phone was flaking but hadn't been responded to, hence my posting here to see if anybody had experienced or heard of the problem before I buy, but thank you anyway

6. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

I doubt that the ring is "coated" so I don't believe there is any chance of flaking or peeling.

7. blarivee macrumors 6502

Would you mind posting a picture so we can have an idea of what you're talking about?

8. MsMerryMac macrumors regular

i highly doubt that Apple of all companies would surround a sapphire crystal home button with a flaky ring that would peel...If I know anything bout Apple it is that their components are the best quality - i have never had anything on their products peel or chip.

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You should have mentioned that in the OP rather than give us the impression that you've invented a non-existent problem. However, quality control issues that affect less than 1% of the users have a tendency to be amplified 1000 folds on this forum and would be easily searchable. If you don't find it here it's an isolated case.

10. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

It is amazing :D

I think those kind of things happen only when Apple is involved....

There is an entire thread where someone is stating all iPhones 5/5c/5s have defective screens with "interlaced" and flickering panels. All of them.

11. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

There are no problems with the Touch ID sensor ring on my 5s. It's still like brand new.

12. sonicblue83 macrumors member

HAHA, oh Max oh Max... :rolleyes:

Yes there is SOMEONE who is saying all iPhones flicker, it's YOU! ;) Actually just go through the posts at the other thread again and read them very carefully.

I said all the iPhones in my local store had the issue, not every iPhone worldwide. Actually I right now I own one which doesn't flicker at all and has no interlaced lines at all. So for sure not all iPhones have the issue, but many do.

But you were the one who insisted in every LCD panel ever made flickers and therefore YOU were the only person who said that all iPhones 5/5c/5s flicker... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: