Silver SS with black milanese club

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by spinedoc77, Oct 11, 2016.

1. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Ok I know there maybe 2 or 3 of us out there. I just walked into an Apple store on the way home, I wanted to try some AW's on because I wasn't sure if I wanted the black or silver SS. I knew they wouldn't have any stock, but wanted to be ready with a decision in case istock showed some. I compared the black SS with the silver SS and it was a VERY hard decision. But in the end I'm an old school guy and the silver appealed more to that side, plus it seems like I can accessorize some more with that color.

To my surprise there was a single 42mm AW2 silver SS available, I jumped right on it. I thought about the silver Milanese band which looks great, but it was a little too glitzy for me. So I tried on the black Milanese loop and it was love at first sight. It provides quite a nice contrast and gives it a bit more of a high end feel without being too glitzy.

Anyone else try this combo?

[​IMG]

2. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

I haven't tried the Black Milanese loop, as it's not for me. But I do own the black stainless steel link paired with the Stainless Watch. It looks sharp and The contrast stands out nicely with the black screen. It's subtle, yet professional for any occasion.

3. spinedoc77 thread starter macrumors G3

spinedoc77

That sounds awesome, would love to see some pics. I'm not sure about the Milanese as it seems to loosen up way too easily, maybe it's defective.

4. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

I have an Apple silver Milanese and a 3rd party black Milanese. I use the black one on both my silver stainless and my gold aluminum sport. I think it looks great. I'm very much thinking about buying the genuine Apple black one since my knockoff isn't quite as well made as my Apple silver one is.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

image.jpeg image.jpeg

6. Beards macrumors 6502a

Beards

7. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

It's a nice combination. It looks good with the contrast.

8. Beards macrumors 6502a

Beards

Went online, found the strap but had a sudden shock...... £549.00
    FIVE HUNDRED AND FORTY NINE UK POUNDS

Ok just picked myself up off the floor.
    The silver is £449.00
    That's still too expensive and not the one I like.

Time to look at third-party straps in Black SS me thinks

9. bandrews macrumors 6502a

Or go 2nd hand....

https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SAWSLINBLA42B#.V_4uX-ArKUk

10. Beards macrumors 6502a

Beards

11. bandrews macrumors 6502a

I think some may be knock offs but quite a few people have got genuine bargains from there.

12. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

I tried to like the silver with the SS.
    It never took.
    The black and multi tone are my favorites.
    The blue is ok but it's only worn when wearing a long sleeve shirt.
    Wish they had a purple.

13. spinedoc77 thread starter macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Really really nice! I'm considering this route as I'm pretty unhappy with the Milanese. It doesn't stay tight, I have to tighten it every couple of minutes. It also grabs my hair sometimes, kind of annoying. I may just grab a cheapie Milanese off Amazon and wear it occasionally, anyone have any Amazon suggestions?

For the full metal band I hear a ton of good things about the Hyperlink, just waiting for them to get more 42mm in stock.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 12, 2016 ---
    Doc, which knockoff did you buy? I'm thinking of going the opposite way and getting a knockoff. What differences did you note?

14. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Came from Amazon but I honestly don't recall which brand. The metal mesh is thinner and lighter than Apple's and not quite as tightly woven. From a distance it's virtually impossible to tell, but handle it and you'll feel the difference.

Edit: Checked my Amazon order history. MoKo is the brand name.

15. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

I do not believe your Milanese loop is defective. I have read posts where the loop becomes loose and needs to be re-adjusted consistently. Another option besides Moko, would be Eoso. They make a variety of bands and the quality has been superb and I have high standards.