Silver vs Black - MacBook Pro Design Poll

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DaveTheGrey, May 2, 2011.

?

Which design do you prefer?

1. Silver only (old design)

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Silver with black (unibody design)

24 vote(s)
    72.7%
  1. DaveTheGrey macrumors 6502a

DaveTheGrey

Hi everybody,

at the moment I've got an old non unibody MacBook Pro with an ACD like in the picture below. As apple has switched to the unibody models they started to put a black bezel on the the ACDs and a black keyboard to the MacBooks. What I love about the silver-only-design is, that the content on the screen is much more dominant, the MacBook and the ACD seems to fade away when you are working with them. I just wanted to know what you think about the new vs. old design.

Regards

Dave

Attached Files:

2. 100Teraflops, May 2, 2011
    Last edited: May 2, 2011

100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

Well, I will voice my opinion and here it is: I like the unibody screen with the black bezel better. I like the black keyboard and the silver bezel though. :) Now, the black keyboard looks 10 times better than the silver/white keyboard. Just my .25 though.

I am new to Apple and I am not very nostalgic about old Macs. Maybe in a few years I will like the current model more than the future model. :eek: What a mouth full!

3. altecXP macrumors 65816

Well style I like the unibody, but I prefer the pre-unibdy keyboard.

4. Blue Sun macrumors 6502a

IMO the older silver MBP's are nicer looking than the current unibody design.

If the old design had the same thickness as the new ones and the same unibody structure, I'd be all over it!