Silver vs gold iphone 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mypyh4ooo, Nov 8, 2013.

1. mypyh4ooo macrumors regular

So I'm having to decide whether to swap my silver phone for a gold one , however not sure whether the gold one will hold its resale value after a year on and whether it'll go out of fashion sort of thing ? What are your opinions on the matter should I swap or not ?

2. dsh3 macrumors 6502

dsh3

If you like the gold better, just make the swap already.

The gold will probably keep the same resale value as the silver/space gray. When the 5 launched people moaned about the black being oh so easy to scratch and not hold its value as good as the white, but it still did.

Stop worrying so much about it's resale value in a year, if you really want the gold then get it.

3. mypyh4ooo thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not really worried about selling it on however it's whether the gold will still be trendy 6 months down the line as you know almost everything goes out of fashion.

4. dsh3 macrumors 6502

dsh3

I really wouldn't care that much about it, it's a phone and it's not like it's potentially millions of dollars you're risking missing out on. It's a phone.

Potentially the black/silver 5S's could go out of fashion and the gold version being the one everyone wants in 6 months, nobody knows. I'd stop worrying and just get it.

5. NuggetSauce macrumors regular

Go with the gold if you're Italian, a rapper, or a female middle aged real estate agent.

6. mypyh4ooo thread starter macrumors regular

neither of those lol

7. Hyperpulse macrumors member

I had a chance to look at them side by side the other day. There's seriously not much difference. To me the gold one just looks like a dirty silver, so I'm glad I went with silver.

8. Rocketttt macrumors member

9. pat.micunnis macrumors regular

I got the Gold but after 2 days, the novelty wore off. Ironically, I'm having a hard time trying to exchange it for a Silver. Stores in my area are out of the Silver model I want.

10. mypyh4ooo thread starter macrumors regular

If the gold is anodized like the space grey one surely if knocked or scratched it'll show underneath ?

11. CEmajr macrumors 601

Get the gold since it looks better. I wouldn't be concerned about resale value as all iPhones hold great resale value. The gold might have slightly higher resale value next year when it's time to sell it but nothing crazy like it has right now because supplies will be plentiful long before then.

12. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

if it were me

I would not go by what is in fashion. It is possible the gold production will be as mainstream as other colors with the iPhone 6, it won't be such a novelty.

Get what you like and what works for you.

13. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

Honestly gold never goes out of fashion. It's pretty trend-neutral. Also the gold version seems to have sold the least (while creating the most buzz!) so it might be more difficult to find on the used market later on. I'd say get the gold if you're concerned with value over time.

14. iHateLaggyStuff macrumors member

Silver. The gold looks nice but it looks too mellow for a gold colour. And by that I dont mean that it has to be a tacky shiny glassy gold either.