Silverlight Uninstallable

Discussion in 'macOS' started by W1MRK, Dec 26, 2010.

1. W1MRK macrumors 6502

Hello all. Found out that when I installed Flip 4 Mac I also installed silverlight.

Unistalled Flip 4 Mac but siverlight remains and will not uninstall. Also silverlight just comes up as a white page in my Applications folder, not its traditional logo.

I have seen the posts on silverlight but is it really needed for my mac? If not how do I get it off.

Thanks in advance

Mike

2. SmokeyRobinson macrumors regular

It's needed to view/use Silverlight in your browser. I dont see a reason to remove it. It isn't affecting performance if it's not used.
    http://www.bing.com/maps/

3. hetjo macrumors newbie

Uninstall silverlight 5 and downgrade to version 4

I recently installed the internet plugin silverlight 5 on my mac and I intend to make a complete uninstall. I ran all the steps required for this purpose and search every corner of OS if there would be some extra element forgotten. I found none and surprisingly, when I try to install the required version 4 by program that i use and does not supports version 5 installer, in the volume installation selection, it simply does not allow me, saying that the operation could not be completed because a newer version exists in the system... I have repaired the disk, preferences and manually uninstalled items from Frameworks folder but the problem remains. How can I get rid of this so i can install version 4? Someone can help me?

thanks, Hugo

iMac 2.66Ghz intel core 2 Duo, 4Gb 800hz DDR2 SDRAM

OS Lion