Silverlight...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by darnovo, Apr 12, 2010.

1. darnovo macrumors regular

I play Magic Online that is currently only available for Windows... however later this year they are making a web-based version that will most likely be written with Microsoft Silverlight... do you think there will be any way that Silverlight could be installed on the iPad so that I could play Magic Online on the iPad on the go?

2. iVoid macrumors 65816

Not likely. It will likely be shunned by Apple just like Flash.

3. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

4. darnovo thread starter macrumors regular

what about a jailbreaking / custom solution...

i guess my only solution would be to VPN into my mac and then use it that way.... SLOW

5. supermanx macrumors member

Actually Microsoft demo'ed silverlight on the iphone a few months back as a proof of concept with Apple's approval. Although it was strictly for onine streaming, hopefully it could be extended to the full silverlight (and be approved).

6. HadItWithWindow macrumors regular

I wished Jobs wasn't such a bad ass

I have a Mac, Pro, iPhone and now the 64g 3g iPad. Some of the sites I spend time on require Silverlight or Flash.

I have been unable to stream radio that requires Silverlight and flash just is required for a lot of sites I frequent. Has dimmed my otherwise elation at the iPad.

7. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

For streaming radio, check ooTunes to see if your stations are available. There were 4 local stations that I wanted on my iPhone (and now on my iPad), and they were all available via ooTunes.

8. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

While I empathize, this certainly should not have come as a surprise to you as it's been very well documented over the past few years.