Sim Ant for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by AudiR8cer, Sep 24, 2010.

1. AudiR8cer macrumors newbie

When I was in middle school in the early 90's, I used to love to play Sim Ant during my lunch breaks, on a (now dinosaur) Mac, that my math teacher had in his classroom. I have been researching if this game is still playable in any format and the results are not good. I do not have an old Mac, nor would I buy one just to play this game. With so many iPhone games being developed, has no one thought to revive this classic? Is there a licensing issue that is halting development? Can no one present the idea to Maxis and get this going for the iPhone? I would buy it and so would others from the amount of postings about the game that I have found online. Let's go app developers! Sim Ant fans are waiting!

2. WaitingForWaves macrumors newbie

I would love to see SimAnt for the iPhone! I used to adore that game. Maybe for the Mac app store too? Please Maxis!!!!!

3. AudiR8cer thread starter macrumors newbie

There are so many lame games being developed for the iPhone and iPad. How about resurrecting some classics? Sim Ant would be perfect for the iPad! It might be a little hard to see the details on an iPhone-sized screen. This game would be easy and fun to play with touch-screen technology.