SIM apps interfering with my iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jent, Aug 9, 2011.

1. jent macrumors 6502a

jent

I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4 that I used for a good number of months before traveling to South America. Now I successfully use it with a local micro-SIM card and have been enjoying it immensely. One thing that I notice here that I never experienced before is what appears to be is integrated SIM application that can't be disabled. Attached are screenshots that appear after a call, letting me know that I've received a call and giving me options. As far as I can tell, most of these options are brief pre-composed text messages to be sent as soon as the user selects one, and another option to compose a custom text message. This is quite convenient if you think about it, but I'd like to disable it. That being said, anyone know what I can do to get my phone back to "normal"? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. jent thread starter macrumors 6502a

jent

I should mention that this happens in iOS 5 too. Does anyone have any suggestions at all for disabling this? It ruins the slickness of the iOS experience.

3. timfarley macrumors newbie

Same issue

I'm having this issue as well. I bought an unlocked iPhone 4S, and I've been living in Peru using a micro SIM from Claro. What happens for me is if I miss a call, I get the same screen as the 3rd screenshot above - but I can't do anything! If I hit Accept, nothing happens. If I hit cancel, nothing happens - I'm forced to hard reset the phone - which is incredibly annoying. Any ideas would be super helpful...

4. javierrenep macrumors newbie

Sim Applications

Go setting->Phone->SIM Applications->I'm busy. Desactive pop-up.