Sim Card Chip to Unlock Iphone 3g

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by amanickam, Oct 1, 2008.

1. amanickam macrumors newbie

I came across this website where they are selling a sim card chip that has to be inserted along with the sim card and it unlocks the iphone 3g. It basically bypasses the carrier authentication- that is what this website claims.

Gevey Sim Card Chip For Unlock iPhone 3G

Has anyone tried this product and any feedback?

Thanks
    AyKay.

2. LeoLohan macrumors newbie

Rebel sim

i have spend many money in buying these sims to unlock my iPhone network , The only last solution that worked on my iPhone is Rebel sim card , altough i use tape as they tell it before selling their product in their support chat , but with tape i never faced getting problem getting the sim out , the thing i like most in this product is their live help support , before or after buying the product . . . if you face any problem regarding your sim , Rebel sim or any other thing they solve it online via their support chat . . . www.rebelsimcard.com

3. amanickam thread starter macrumors newbie

Can you please explain what you mean by "use Tape"? what is that tape.
    Thanks
    AyKay.

4. Inukami macrumors 6502

he means this

[​IMG]

Only hardware unlock smart sim card i would buy is from Rebel sim or the v2 turbosim(which is what i have).

5. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

UGGHH!

What if this gets stuck? I am no AT&T fan, I only went there when I moved because T-Mobile has no coverage at the new place-but I would rather deal with AT&T all day long then do this "mickey-mouse" method-or buy a 2G and unlock it (which I did :) )

I mean you REALLY GOTTA HATE AT&T to go with this method-at least if you live in the states. If you live in an unofficially supported country, this might make sense, but here in USA? Not so much.

6. amanickam thread starter macrumors newbie

Have to cut the Sim Card

Also the website says that we have to cut the sim card using a special cutter they provide. I am little skeptical about that. What will happen if

1. The card gets stuck
    2. If we cut it incorrectly? the Sim card is up for a toss and we have to get a new one correct?

Thanks
    AyKay

7. LeoLohan macrumors newbie

Cutting is not problem

[​IMG] . . This Rebel sim card cutter is also available in their site , its easy to use as shown in picture , answers to amanickam

1. Sim card donot get struck in this is cutter , its made like that your sim card donot struck in it.

2.Sim card cannot be cut incorrectly by Rebel sim card cutter , as the sim only can be cut correctly other wise if you are putting it wrongly in Rebel sim card cutter ,Sim wont go in the Rebel sim card cutter.

8. threezero macrumors 6502

so we have to leave the tape on the tray? :confused::confused: can you post a picture of yours?

9. LeoLohan macrumors newbie

I am also using Tape , it works fine for me , putting tape is not the problem ,as it comes at back side of your apple iPhone. Sim card give you whole freedom to change network sim cards and and they have made tape formula for costumers benifit

10. sezratd macrumors newbie

LeoLohan, How long have you had this rebelsim card on your iphone?
    I tried the i-smartphone, it finally gave up after 1.5 weeks.

11. LeoLohan macrumors newbie

Reply to sezratd

sezratd, sorry for late reply i was out of the town, i am using this card from 2 months now , and its working fine for me , it comes with 7 days money back gurantee so your money is safe.

12. amanickam thread starter macrumors newbie

OK thanks for all the info.. this is great. But i have a question - After i cut the simcard and use it in iphone, everything is fine, can i use that sim card in other phones? i.e. say i want to switch from iphone (i know it is difficult to switch from this awesome phone but for some reason have to...) to another.. can i switch or do i need to get a new sim card?

13. EvilSam31 macrumors newbie

i have done it! it works, but i have a problem

hey i have done this. before it works fine, but i did come across a problem. when i plug it into Itunes, it comes out saying that "the sim card insterted in this iphone is not supported":( (i have my iphone for tmobile now) so has anyone got a solution to this? if i restore it back to factory setting on itunes, will it still work?

also, for the person who was asking about the special cutter that you need to punch a whole. just use a regular whole puncher

Evilsam31

14. anirudh macrumors 6502

@ evilsam

just put your iphone into airplane mode and connect it to iTunes. Should sync fine then. Your phone will require a reboot post syncing though..

15. tylerandrews147 macrumors newbie

yeah i have one i just installed it and for some reason it wont pick up my service carrier it will for about five seconds

16. Inukami macrumors 6502

A. you didn't install it properly with your sim card.
    B. the smart sim card doesn't support your firmware.
    C. it's a scam?

17. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Is there anything that is based in the US? I am a little skeptical of ordering from overseas.

18. TheBold macrumors member

For the last two months I am using a turbosim called Gevey-3G, it is really wonderful,no hassles and no need to cut the sim card.
    available on ebay.

19. Tintifax macrumors newbie

Rumors going around that certain sim unlock cards - such as universal sim, rebel sim, etc... - could cause the carrier to blacklist your imei-nr. as the unlocking mechanism used by those 3g unlock solutions is based on faking an id and causing lots of traffic - or at least questionable kind of communication with the carrier (sim status changed).

Anyone experienced such problems?

I went for a universal sim and whilst waiting for the card to be shipped I realized that maybe it's not so clever to use one of those unlock "wonders" ...

So, my real question is: Are the rumors about being blacklisted are for a good reason or have they been spread on purpose to prevent people from buying?

Cheers ...

20. TheBold macrumors member

just Rumors...

21. Inukami macrumors 6502

The sims tricks the iPhone, not the network.