Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
If I put my iPhone 4 sim card in a non data/cheap phone will I lose my unlimited data plan on at&t ?

Can they detect if you changed phones? Will they change your plan according to your phone ?

I'll only be using a cheap phone for a couple of weeks so I don't wanna cancel my data plan & lose my unlimited

iSR5

macrumors member
May 10, 2012
If I put my iPhone 4 sim card in a non data/cheap phone will I lose my unlimited data plan on at&t ?

Can they detect if you changed phones? Will they change your plan according to your phone ?

I'll only be using a cheap phone for a couple of weeks so I don't wanna cancel my data plan & lose my unlimited

Personally,
I've 2 iphones. one is with ATT and the other one Unlocked.
However, I'm using my att sim in the Unlocked iPhone.
Now it's been about 3 months, np at all. :)

My idea is, wireless company don't care if you're using their phones or other phones, since you're paying them, they're satisfied :rolleyes:

So, I think it won't be a problem at all, and who can identify your current phone ?! they just identify your data usage, that's all.
:D

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
AT&T polls all phones on their system, daily.

If you make the move you are thinking of you will lose your unlimited data. They will then notify you on your bill. By then it's too late to do anything about it.

If you want to keep the unlimited plan, you must keep it active on your smartphone.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Can i cancel my data plan without any fees

I was thinking of switching to verizon with the iphone 5 anyway

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.