Sim card error

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by apple281, Dec 30, 2009.

1. apple281 macrumors member

My phone went into the searching, connect to itunes mode and when i hook it up itunes give's me an error that that says "itunes cannot activate your iphone because the SIM card is not inserted or a sim pin is required" I don't have a sim pin and the sim card works in my friends iphone just fine. I tried to reset it and still nothing. I can't get a appointment at the apple store for 3 days. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Btw The phone says a restore is needed and i have restored the phone so i don't know what else i can do.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You wrote you "reset" the phone, but then you wrote you restored it. If you actually restored it, have you tried a restore in DFU mode?

3. apple281 thread starter macrumors member

Yes i have. When it gets to the last step(firmware) it takes unsually long and than shows the sim error. I took it into the apple store and they said it could be a hardware failure. Can i jailbreak the phone while it's in this mode?

4. Storm Shadow macrumors regular

This happened to my iPhone 3GS a few weeks ago. I had already had the SIM checked by O2 before I went to my appointment at the Apple Store so I knew that wasnt the problem and I had tried normal and DFU restores but those didnt work either.

The Apple 'Genius' though that it must have been a hardware fault with the SIM reader and replaced it with a new iPhone on the spot.

Hope that helps and you are able to get yours replaced as well.

5. apple281 thread starter macrumors member

I wish it were that easy but my phone is out of warranty.

6. apple281 thread starter macrumors member

Anyone else ever have this problem and got it fixed somehow???

7. apple281 thread starter macrumors member

If i try to jailbreak the phone can i get rid of the error?

8. MacRumors123456 macrumors newbie

Don't try to Jailbreak it until Apple says they aren't going to fix it. Because it breaks your EULA and they won't even touch it.

9. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

What is the error that you are getting after restoring? If it's error 23, that means it's a hardware failure and nothing can fix that.

I had this problem back in August and got the same warning that there was a sim pin and of course there wasn't When I tried restoring it in XCode, it told me it was a radio failure. Apple replaced it.

10. apple281 thread starter macrumors member

It doesn't give me an error number which is wierd.