Resolved Sim Card Pin And Airport Security?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bushido, Oct 19, 2015.

1. bushido Suspended

bushido

Maybe a silly question but I am flying to the US soon and I heard US Security is very anal about everything like you even have to take of your shoes? anyway, do you think i can get the Sim Card Pin through security? I already got an AT&T Sim Card but without a pin or anything i wont be able to open the iPhone to switch sims obviously.

thanks!

2. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

If in doubt, pack it in your checked baggage. Next bet, pack it in your carry on. Worst option, carry it on your person.

C

3. Richdmoore macrumors 65816

Richdmoore

4. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

They still may not like metal going through the metal detectors. I was caught with a dime in my pocket when I got the full-body scan a year ago. Just missed it when I grabbed the rest of my change. Which is why I suggest packing it away somewhere that can get x-rayed/checked without a hassle. Especially since you won't need it on the flight.

C

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I have taken SIM tray pins and paper clips through TSA numerous times without issue.

6. MJedi macrumors 6502a

MJedi

If you're talking about the SIM Removal Tool that used to be included in iPhone boxes, you'll be fine going through security. I take one everywhere I travel. I just keep it in my hand carry.

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

As other people have said it'll be no problem, if you go through a metal detector it is probably small enough to not set it off in your pocket, but if you go through the body scanner then it will just have to go in your carryon to get X-rayed.

8. Mr.C macrumors 601

The alternative is to find a paper clip at your destination and use that instead. They work just as well.