Sim Card Swap from iPhone to another Smartphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Frozen001, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Frozen001 macrumors newbie

With my job there are certain times/locations I am not allowed to carry a camera/camera phone. So that mean my iPhone has to be left somewhere. For times like this I would like to use another smartphone that does not have a camera like a BB, an older Treo and still be able to have a phone and still send and receive e-mail, and have PDA functionality. Anyone know if this is possible??

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

It should work*. I don't have another smartphone, but I did use my iPhone SIM card on an unlocked Motorola. (I didn't want to bring my iPhone to a water/theme park) I was able to use all the Motorola phone's features.

*As long as the other smartphone is unlocked or locked to the same carrier as your iPhone.

3. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

im pretty sure that it will work with any other type of phone as long as your carrier sells it or its unlocked.

however, blackberrys are a different story. They run on their own network and i am pretty sure it wouldn't work, aswell. The phone may still work but im not sure how the texting, voice mail, and web would work. its something i need to look into aswell because i might be getting a BB Bold and i would like to use it on my rogers iPhone contract.

/subscribing