Sim card switch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tsl90, Jul 7, 2010.

1. tsl90 macrumors member

I am rough with my phone sometimes. Just got my first iPhone and want to be more careful. I'd love to occasionally take out the sim card and put it in my old beat up phone. Is there an adapter that will allow me to do that?

Thanks

TL

2. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Here you go - http://tinyurl.com/33mgmll

4. tsl90 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a ton.

So with the adapter I can move the card back and forth and it will work in either phone - correct?

I assume my contacts etc... wont follow the sim card, but I can live with that.

Thanks again.

T

5. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

yes and yes

6. google macrumors regular

7. tombee macrumors member

This is great!
    I'll just keep my 3gs close and when I need to tether for ipad wifi date, I'll just swap the sim from my iphone4 into the jailbroke 3gs.
    now I won't have to jb my 4.

8. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

there is also a Duo Sim, which is software, and hardware to copy your sim, ive seen guys on this board talk about using it. essentially you copy your sim, keep it in your 'other phone'. use only one phone at a time and it will eliminate swapping sims.

i have no experience with the above just been reading about it, i may get one...

9. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

10. google macrumors regular

got my order confirmation, why bother messing up your sim when you can cut it with a cutter

11. tsl90 thread starter macrumors member

12. tombee macrumors member

is there a specific process I have to go thru when swapping my sim card from my iphone4 to my 3gs (and then back again)???

ie.full shut down or?

13. google macrumors regular

14. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

No, you don't have to turn off the phones. Be careful with the SIM adapters though, I put my microSIM into the adapter and then put it into my 3gs and it took forever for me to get it out. The microSIM wasn't completely flush with the adapter and got it stuck in there. I solved this issue by putting a really small piece of scotch tape to hold the 2 pieces together so there isn't anythign to get stuck on when removing the SIM.

15. Telecacher macrumors member

You don't need to shut down. Just swap the sim.

Just be careful when you remove the sim from your 3GS. It will get stuck, and you will need to shake it around a bit to get it out. I took a nail file and gently rounded the leading edge of the sim, it removes alot easier.