Sim Card Tray

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dog352, Aug 9, 2008.

1. dog352 macrumors member

I sold an iphone on ebay a couple weeks ago and took the sim card out with the card holder (and can't find either) I still left the actual tray in the iphone but now the user says he can't use the iphone because the sim card holder isn't there. Does a holder come with every new sim card. Can't he just get it by going to the at&T store?

2. Qwest905 macrumors 6502

Qwest905

if the tray is there...what do u mean by holder???

3. shinenjk macrumors regular

He can get SIM cards for free @ the AT&T store. But they ask you for your account info before activating & giving a SIM card so he better have an account with AT&T.

4. dog352 thread starter macrumors member

I'm talking about the little black thing that holds and encases the sim card. It's not the actual tray that's on the iphone. I don't have experience with AT&T so does that encaser come with all sim cards?

5. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

what do you mean by holder? a 2nd gen. iphone is like this with just the SIM tray which the SIM fits in but i am not sure about the 3g

[​IMG]

6. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

The black thin thing that holds the iPhones SIM card is the SIM tray. Its the thing you slide into the SIM slot in the iPhone.

7. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

No, it doesn't come with the SIM nor will Apple sell you one alone. There are places that sell iphone parts. Just Google IPHONE PARTS. Here is one that just randomly popped up on a search: http://www.ifixit.com/iPhone-Parts/iPhone-1st-Gen-SIM-Card-Tray/IF105-008