Sim card

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mowpar, Apr 18, 2015.

1. mowpar macrumors newbie

I have a 4 th gen iPad full size model, has four G capabilities. I do not have SIM card for it. What SIM card will I need to get for it. I do not know anything about getting service for my I pad can someone help me?:eek:

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Which country are you using it in? In any case, your operator of choice should be able to supply a SIM for it.

3. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

The classic iPad line uses a "microSIM", however, I'm pretty sure your service operator will give you the correct card if you ask them that you want an iPad plan.

4. mowpar thread starter macrumors newbie

5. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

Publicly posting your area code is not a good idea. Anyway, you do live in US, it means, so you can just do what I told you in my previous post.

6. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

Just walk into your provider of choice (AT&T, T-mobile) and get a SIM. I don't even think they'll charge you for it.

7. mowpar thread starter macrumors newbie

Sim

there are no places like that I am aware of around here . How can I find if it is available to me? Letting people know what city you are from, why would this cause me harm?:eek:

8. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Your iPad is unlocked so it can use a MicroSIM from any compatible GSM provider. It is best to see which provider has the best cell service in your area, AT&T, T-Mobile etc. by using someones cell phone and then you can purchase a SIM in a store, on line or on eBay.

9. mowpar thread starter macrumors newbie

Sim

We have a store here that is similar to radio shack, people go there to buy cell phones. And I guess are provided servers for their phones through the store.
    Is this a place I can go :rolleyes: to to get a service plan and SIM card for my I pad?

10. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Yes, they should be able to help you with what you need. Just bring your iPad in and explain what you want.