sim cards

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jaycrew, Aug 10, 2008.

1. jaycrew macrumors member

hey all,

as a new iPhone user after many years with verizon, i had a question about sim cards.

is it possible for me to take out the sim card in my iPhone and use it in some other phone capable of running on at&t? just wondering in case i needed a backup phone or something.

thanks in advance!

2. rwd hero macrumors 6502

My 8525 works with the sim card from the iphone, but it is also a 3g phone (not reall sure if that matters).

3. bamafever09 macrumors regular

bamafever09

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

5. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

I also have a quick question about SIM cards - I'm getting an iPhone shortly from a friend and when I get it I will be back at college in Indiana and I live in Michigan - so I want a Michigan area code my question is does it matter where I get the SIM card or is that something that I can do while registering it?

6. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

MacGeek, if you got a AT&T SIM card right now, go ahead get the phone from yo friend in Indiana, go to Michigan, put the SIM in the iPhone, and see if it works(it should give the CONNECT TO iTUNES LOGO), if it doesnt, call up AT&T and tell em the SIM number and the IMEI number of the iPhone, and they should activate that, if not, then just go to a AT&T Store, tell em to give you a iPhone activated SIM with YOUR NUMBER!