Sim City 4: How to se what zoning an area is

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by hamsterburger, May 4, 2009.

1. hamsterburger macrumors member

I am pretty new to SC4 although I have played the older games some time back. Have I grown stupider or is it harder than the previous games?

Anyway, I have a question: Is there a way to see how an area is zoned? For example if it is zoned for heavy, medium or light commercial?

Thanks for any help on this.

BTW, it is a great game, though i am finding it quite daunting to get in to:)

2. hamsterburger thread starter macrumors member

Nevermind. I found it in the information panel. :)

3. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Out of curiosity, are you playing it on an intel machine under OS X? If so, how well does it run?

4. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Sim City 4 is definitely harder than the previous versions… I like it, but SC2k was my favorite all-time Sim City game.

@ Beric: there's an Intel patch if you have the version with the expansion… I don't know where my Sim City 4 disk is, but otherwise I'd reinstall it and see how well it runs (I only play the PC version now).

5. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Yeah, but I've heard reports that the patch doesn't really fix everything. I'd like to have a Mac version of the game, but may need to go with Boot Camp.

I spent a LOT of time with Sim City 3K, and a little time with 2K. I have to try SC4 finally, but have really been into strategy games for the past two years (specially the Age of Empires series).